Wednesday, March 6, 2013

{Letter to My Son}



I have been inspired by very many talented women at ClickinMoms who are part of a project called Letters to Our Sons.  It is humbling to see the talent of photography and the love that mothers from all around the world have for their sons.  It has inspired me to write to my son.  To let him know the joys and challenges he brings me.  My son is a true gift and I am so blessed to be his mother.

My dear boy,

You are almost 23 months now, and yes for now I can count your age in months.  And in one short month you will be the big two.  I cannot believe how fast two years have flown by.  I know every parent says this but to me I still shake my head and wonder where the time has gone.

You are a true boy.  You love to eat.  Your belly is soft and perfectly round.  You walk with a mission.  You are fiercely determined.  You are known to be stubborn much like a lot of your heritage.  You are truly affectionate.  This warms my heart so much.  You know exactly when a hug is needed.  You wrap your arms around my neck so tight and squeeze so gently.  I love this.  This time in your life where hugging your mommy is all you need to bring a smile to your face.  Life is simple when love, food and hugs are what brings you joy. 

You love boy toys-- trucks, cars, buses and really anything that has wheels and can race across the floor.  You know how to manipulate and get exactly what you need right now.  Sometimes I think that you have no idea what is going on but more and more I have come to learn that you know more than you let on - its like a secret weapon.  You surprise me every day with how much you are learning.  Please don't grow up too fast my little boy!

Love,

Your mommy forever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment